The Integrative Movement System is based on the principles of human function and movement. This program was created for health and fitness professionals who work with the general population and are looking to meet the very specific needs, wants and challenges that working with the general population can present.
Each module is designed to take your perspective, assessment and application in the areas of functional anatomy, assessment, biomechanics, corrective exercise, and program planning to the next level.
This is a small group setting of no more than 10 other health and fitness professionals. Each group has always been very diverse with those in attendance spanning the spectrum of health and fitness professionals.
If you would like to join us in 2017 please click below and fill out the application...Apply Now
- Module I: The IMS Principles and The Core
- Module II: Function, Assessment and Conditioning of the Lower Extremity
- Module III: Function, Assessment and Conditioning of the Upper Extremity
- Module IV: Integration of the IMS Approach
Dates: (all dates listed below are required both online and in person workshop)
Online: March 2017-August 2017
In person workshop: September 11-15, 2017
Online: March 2017-August 2017
Chicago: September 11-15, 2017
- The A, B, C’s of function - Anatomy, Biomechanics, and Control – you will discover
- functional anatomy (what do muscles really do versus what we learned in school), how to look at research and EMG studies and determine if the information about how muscles work in isolation is applicable or not to your client,
- biomechanics or how are our joints supposed to move and how do you determine if the joints are actually doing what you want them to be doing, and are your exercises respecting the normal kinematics of each joint
- motor control – how does the nervous system control posture movement, what does it look like when your client isn’t optimally controlling their posture and movement and how do you use this information to accurately assess your client’s posture and movement
- Develop and Execute the most appropriate corrective and progressive exercise strategy tailored specifically to help your clients accomplish their functional goals be it for life or for sport.
Requirements for Course Completion
- Viewing and attendance of all four modules.
- Completion of all tests and case studies by due dates.
- Successful completion of Lab exam
- Passing grade on written exam
- Tuition paid in full per tuition agreement
Early Enrollment Tuition Available for a Limited Time
- In full Tuition: $5897.00
- Pay down Tuition: $1500.00 at sign up followed by equal monthly payments throughout program. Total tuition with this option $5997.00.
- Monthly payment plan option: Equal monthly payments spread out from acceptance through the end of program. Payment Plan Tuition with this option $6297.00
Bonuses to the Tuition:
- Space is limited to 10 participants
- Conference call between modules with Evan Osar and the rest of your team to ask questions and discuss case studies
- IMS Certification Binder complete with hundreds of page of resource information (exclusive to the program)
- IMS Functional Muscle Testing and Assessment Manual (exclusive to the program)
- Full Access Pass to the Integrative Movement System Resource Center: Where you will be able to view the video content from all four modules. (exclusive to the program)
- One year free membership to Integrative Movement U
- Bonuses to the program valued at over $3000.00.
Previous attendees included:
- Massage therapists
- Physical therapists
- Speech therapists
- Athletic Trainers
- Personal Trainers
- Pilates Instructors
- Dance Instructors
What do IMS team members have to say about the IMS Certification?
I just want to thank you both for the best educational experience in my 20 plus years in this industry. This certification is my most prized accomplishment! The dedication and effort by you and Jenice goes above and beyond any experience I have had. Many new clients have come my way, and they are so grateful and happy that they can learn to exercise again, free of pain. It seems like magic , sometimes. They suck up our information like a sponge, and embrace it, because they really see and feel change. I feel sad that our course is done, but look forward to all the information we have and will have.Andrea Klekman, IMS Team #6
Tonya Rocho, Owner, IMS Team VII, Rock Solid Wellness Studio
“What Evan does is so unique in its contribution to the body of health and human performance education. There are a lot of gurus out there with lots of information and research about “a” specific training or assessment method. They tend to share that information with fitness professionals and performance coaches looking through the context of a narrow lens which is oftentimes limited in scope and practice.
The Integrative Movement Specialist (IMS) certification is completely different. Evan has synthesized numerous perspectives and research on a ton of complex topics into one practical system which is comprised of the best material out there for identifying and helping to correct movement dysfunction. The IMS material is presented in a straightforward manner and the hands on component reinforces the learning so the information can be easily and immediately applied in just about any training environment.
After having completed the course, you’ll have practical tools that allow you to become more efficient and effective in assessing human movement and programming corrective methods where applicable. In addition to this, you’ll have a much broader perspective that will give you the ability to offer a level of care and evidence-based results to your clients that not many trainers or coaches in your area will have. And this is priceless…
Robert Selders, Jr., Owner, IMS Team #1 3Q Fitness: CrossFit Garland
Mike MacAleese, Massage Therapist, Owner, Sohmar School of Massage Therapy, Team #2
Ellen Letten, CMT/L, IMS Team #1 Owner-The Healing Room
“The Integrative Movement Specialist Certification program is an incredibly comprehensive, yet practical and effective tool for any Fitness professional today. The program produced immediate results for my Fitness business, allowing me to expand my target client base and increase my exposure to the post rehabilitation population. The class modules, support materials and follow up by Dr. Osar and staff are first rate. I highly recommend the investment in Integrative Movement Specialist program.”
Steven Schmoldt Certified Personal Trainer, Integrative Movement Specialist-Team #1
Jeff Larson, Owner, Fitness Revolution and Napa Adventure Boot Camps, Team #2
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I earn CEUs for my other certifications?
This is a separate certification and has not been approved for CEUs/CECs by other other organizations. However, many certification will allow you to submit attendance hours for non CEU providers or allow you to petition for CEUs. We are happy to provide you with the information required to do so. Please send us in writing what you need once you have completed the certification. However, we can make no guarantee of approval of this course by other organizations. Please check with your specific provider for details.
2. What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellation/Refund Policy: There are no refunds once the program begins. To receive a refund: It must be received in writing.
- Cancellations 121 days or more before event 90% refund of tuition paid to date.
- Cancellations 90-120 days before event 75% refund of tuition paid to date.
- Cancellations 60-90 days before event 50% refund of tuition paid to date.
- Cancellations 59 days or less before course start date 0% refund of tuition paid to date.
An applicant can transfer tuition paid to another IMS program to be completed within 2 years for a transfer fee of $500.00 plus remainder of tuition to paid on a schedule. Event Cancellation Policy: We reserve the right to change the dates/times of this program. We reserve the right to cancel this event up to 30 days prior to the event . In the event of a cancellation, all fees associated with the program registration will be refunded to the registrant. We are not responsible for any reimbursement of fees associated with travel and related expenses.
3. What if I am unable to attend the final module for any reason or am unable to complete the certification with my team?
In order to create a positive and supportive learning experience for everyone we reserve the right to dismiss a student who is disruptive in any way to the learning and education process including but not limited to: providing false information, verbally or physically abusive, disrespectful to others, indecent behavior, late on assignments, use of information which infringes on copyright, any behavior that does not support or is contradictory to the Integrative Movement Specialist ™ Certification. Should a dismissal occur there would be no refund of tuition paid to date nor any fees related to travel.
Click below and apply for 2017 certification....Apply Now